Friday, October 12, 2012

BEAUTIFUL BOUDOIR

Boudoir photo shoots are a win win: Get glammed up, pose for pictures, see how amazing you look and make your man (or woman) happy! And in some cases, the pics are for your eyes only and don't have to be, "for someone". When I did my boudoir shoot for my hubby as a wedding day present, I was ecstatic with the turnout. It was the most liberating thing ever and I tell every woman that asks me about it that they should DEF do it!! And there are so many reasons to do it! Wedding present, birthday present, recently got in shape or lost some weight, because you love your curves, bad break up, etc. The list goes on. The point is, Boudoir photo shoots make you realize just how beautiful you are, proves that every woman loves to be pampered, and that we all can look and feel like a million bucks.

I was honored with the duties, along with my friend Chelsea, to be on the other side of the camera for our friend Michelle. And let me tell you, it was just as much fun doing her hair and makeup, styling, and helping her pose as it was to be in my own Boudoir shoot. Combine Chelsea's amazing camera skills with my past experience, and we made one kick ass team! And the pics are F A B U L O U S. It doesn't hurt to have a gorgeous specimen. ha! With her permission, here are a few pics.




Stella&Dot $118
Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace


Stella & Dot $118
Femme Fatale Necklace

This was truly such an awesome experience and I am so happy with the turnout. Making someone else see just how beautiful they are is just as good a feeling as realizing or being shown your own beauty. I tried to be as prepared  as possible and just wanted to make sure she had the best experience. We had some cocktails and music and just made it happen. Here is an example of how OCD I can be.



Michelle had her own goodies too, but I wanted to provide her with some options. It was so much fun!! Maybe a little overwhelming, but fun nonetheless.




On the left we have some Stella & Dot jewels and on the right are some things I've accumulated. The Cleo Fringe Statement Earrings, Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace, Femme Fatale Necklace and Aurora Cocktail Ring all made an appearance in the photo shoot. We had such a great time that we are offering Boudoir Photo Shoots to anyone interested. Just message me for details!

My outfit for the day was comfy and casual. I went with that because, well it was the middle of the week, I had some errands to run that morning, and then knew that I was going to be running around for the Boudoir shoot.




I rocked my fab Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace and Aurora Cocktail Ring. Simple black skinny jeans and black tank from Forever 21 topped with a Lauren Conrad for Kohl's sweater. And yes, my loves, my rider boots from Payless, featured here.

So, for my Boudoir Shoot, I drove home to St. Louis because I HAD to have this one particular photographer do my photos. I fell in love with her work and still rave about her to this day. Clary Pfeiffer is amazing. Not only is she super cool, but she is super genius. She provided hair, makeup and location. To say I had a blast is an understatement. I was lucky enough to be chosen to be on her blog. I've provided the link here because the internet is public, I gave her my permission to use some images and they are already out there. These are just a fraction of the photos she took, but I think they show how great her work is. And also, the wonderful Holly Speakes did my hair and makeup. She rocks! She also did the hair and makeup for the wedding party of the wedding I attended when I rocked those RED lips the other weekend! 
In another post I will talk about my wedding day photographer, Josh Monken, who is also amazing at what he does! We like Josh so much that my family all agreed to hire him for our family photo session last year! And he did not disappoint! I'll share some of those pics in another wedding post.
I hope you enjoyed this and that it was helpful!!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo MaryBeth
P.S. GO CARDINALS!!!! PLEASE WIN TONIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips