Friday, November 2, 2012

FOOD, FASHION AND FRIDAY

Hey Ladies!! Happy Friday!! (happy November, too! How crazy!!) Oh how I love the weekends. Unfortunately, though, I do have to work on Sunday. Boo. I'm especially sad about working Sunday because some of my Stella & Dot gals are getting together that day at a local coffee shop and I'm going to miss it! Ugh. Such is life! So, today I picked up a few extra hours at work, came home for lunch and a nap and then hit the gym and the grocery store. Today's workout was similar to the other day: run, weights, abs, stretch. Not too exciting, huh?! Here's my workout look: The tank and the pants are from Kohl's and the Nike top is the amazing steal I got at T.J. Maxx that I raved about here.




I swung by the grocery store because the hubs and I are going to grill some steak with potatoes (regular for him, sweet for me) and asparagus. Probably have some salad action on the side, too. And, I am super stoked about my beer selection, which I will share later. There is a small section at our grocery where you can pick your own 8-pack from the loose beers provided. I picked mostly seasonal ones and I.am.excited. I also snagged a new shade of lipstick that I cannot wait to try out! It is a fabulous deep lilac/mauve/burgandy color and I die. It's by Cover Girl and is called Entwined. The lip pencil I bought to go with it is called Sophisticated. Can't wait to try it out! Take a look:


Cover Girl LipPerfection Lipcolor $5.99
Entwined


Cover Girl LipPerfection Lipliner $5.99
Sophisticated
 
So, the other day I tried out cooking with butternut squash, and it wasn't bad! I think I liked it more than the hubs did, but her still ate it. As promised, here is a pic. I forgot to take one of both halves in the baking pan, so here is a pic of one of the halves, cut in half. ha! I filled a glass baking dish with one inch of water, put some olive oil, sea salt, pepper and cinnamon on top. Baked at 350F for about an hour and voila! My sister-in-law sent me a butternut squash soup recipe that I am going to have to try out soon!

 
Butternut Squash-mmmm
 
I'll be back later with a recap of our seasonal beer choices and activities this weekend! I'm also feeling a wedding post coming on! Oh how I love everything wedding! I think it will be along the lines of tips and suggestions when it comes to photos on that BIG day!
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
P.S. I have more Stella & Dot goodies heading my direction and I'll be sure to share when they arrive!! :)
 
 
xoxo MaryBeth
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips